Re: Origin of Jordon Almonds at Weddings anf how to present them

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by richard on June 17, 2000 at 21:34:14:

In Reply to: Re: Origin of Jordon Almonds at Weddings anf how to present them posted by Paraskivi on April 15, 2000 at 10:21:52:

:
: : Was told that it is tradition to give Jordon Almonds to wedding guests at a weddingC can you please explain the reason, and how and who presents them to the wedding guest.??

: The Almod present the bitter and the sweet.. of life and especially marriage. Also they are used in the fourty days koliva. At my wedding the were tied in fluted netting and attached to crystal bells with ribbon and all the ladies got one as a keepsake at their place setting when they sat foir dinner.

: You can do anything...

: But WHITE are preferable for weddings.. at my sons baptizim we used blue and blue and white tulle. Looked sharp!

: Yiasou!

is there any significance to the nuimber of almonds?... i have been told the number 5 is significant..have you heard this?

Richard

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]