Re: Greek Language Class

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Heather Tzanninis on January 13, 2000 at 11:36:23:

In Reply to: Greek Language Class posted by Julia on January 12, 2000 at 08:52:54:

: I was signed up for a begginers Greek class and the USDA in Washington DC, but I just found out that it was cancled because of low enrollment. Does anyone have any idea where a Begginers Greek Class is offered in the NOVA or DC area?? Thanks in advance, Julia

Call Mrs. Rena Papapostolou at St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral ((202) 333-4730, 36th Street and Mass. Ave., N.W. She teaches a beginning class starting in September (currently Thursdays 6 to 7 p.m., with a more advanced class taught from 7 to 8p.m.) This information may not be of much use to you until this coming September (unless you have some reading and writing experience), but definitely call her; she may have some resources to offer. The class is 150.00 per semester incl. books. It's just an hour per week, but she concentrates on conversation, assigns plenty of practice and homework, and you'd be amazed at how enriching that hour can be. The rest is up to you. I've slacked off a little since before Christmas and now have to get back up to speed. Good luck! I'm really enjoying studying Greek; I have a Greek husband who's anxious to involve his wife in family conversations back home.

Heather

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]