Re: Greek Baby Girl Name??? (WHY BOTHER AT ALL ?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Themis on August 17, 2000 at 04:03:54:

In Reply to: Re: Greek Baby Girl Name??? posted by Name Seeker on August 03, 2000 at 09:42:36:

Pardon me, "Name Seeker", but if you are looking to name your child with something 'close' to Eftihia ( a beautiful name, I might add) to honour your mother in law, why bother at all ?

If you don't call your child with the actual name (Eftihia) which is intended to honour her grandparent (a 4000 year-old cultural tradition in the Greek world), why bother at all ? Go ahead and give your child any old name you please.
Incidentally, as a teacher, I come across many ethnic names that are very distinct (and some are very challenging for those who don't have the interest in trying to learn names other than faddish, soap-opera inspired names.

The fact that their parents retained the names in their original form is something I, personally, have come to respect.

Sincerely,

Themis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]