Re: Help with a Greek Goddess

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Michael on August 25, 2000 at 14:34:26:

In Reply to: Help with a Greek Goddess posted by Dante Longoria on August 20, 2000 at 20:02:03:

Nick is right. Remember that many Greek parents do not live in the 21st (or even 20th)century. My little sister is in the same boat as that girl you describe. My parents try to control her whole life. If college was not such an expected thing nowadays, they'd still have her locked up in the family house. Dante, I wish I could tell you that this would be easy....but it won't be. If she is truly worth it to you (and it sounds as though she is) you must resolve yourself to getting to know her and putting up with some closed minded, yet erect walking Greeks. They can be pompous, narrow-minded and ethnocentric. Don't let that dissuade you. You will be able to tell what SHE feels for you fairly soon as well as what SHE thinks of the parents' rules. If she is likely to sacrifice for your affections then that is the armor you will need for this battle. Just supply a strong and willing heart and you're ready to dive in.

Best of luck.

M

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]