Re: deceived by handsome married Greek man with child

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Cessie on September 25, 2000 at 15:07:56:

In Reply to: Re: deceived by handsome married Greek man with child posted by Tika on September 25, 2000 at 12:22:18:

: : : Dear Cessie,
: : : I really do feel for you but where there no signs before???? I mean you never noticed anything? How did his family react? Afterall you have been in their family for ten years! I cannot believe how he could treat you like this and really I hope you are going to meet the love of your life soon, like I said before he was not worthy of your love.
: : : me agapi, sylvia

: : Dear Sylvia,
: : I also was curious, I suppose you are a Greek woman because you wrote "me agapi". You are very nice. Can you believe I understand some Greek because I taught it to myself with books and tapes and listening to him. That is really unusual for an American woman to do. My children could recite the Greek alphabet without mistakes when they were young kids. I was able to read the Greek subtitles on the English movies when I went to Athens. I learned many Greek words. That is what love can do. At least I have learned so much and enjoy other cultures now, he has broadened my horizons which I try to share with others.

: how could you be so naive? Greek men are such
: skel-ya! That's why Greek women don't marry them in the U.S., where there are so many choices available!

Dear Tika,
I ask myself the same question. I am American. I was married at a young age, divorced after many years and so yes I was definitely very naive. Now I am hearing all the bad things about Greek men. This is very interesting. I'd love to hear more from you. Are you a Greek woman in the U.S.?
Thanks.
P.S. - I suppose I was trusting because I was brought up to assume people are honest unless proved otherwise. There is something wrong with that philosophy, apparently, it doesn't protect one from the dishonest or even consider the possibility someone would play with your heart.
Cessie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]