Re: OOPS! Re: How Do You Say . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mike A. on October 06, 2000 at 14:51:12:

In Reply to: Re: OOPS! Re: How Do You Say . . . posted by here on October 06, 2000 at 09:56:07:

I think I know the reason for Mickey's wish:

When two mailing programs are not compatible, it can happen that one person is able to send a message using "original" Greek letters, but the receiver cannot identify them - he can see only weird signs on his screen.

The same happens when you try to send an "original" Greek text via Hotmail: The receiver will not be able to read it. (At least this is my experience.)

For this reason sometimes it is necessary to use "Greeklish" (= Greek written with the latin alphabet).

Mike A.

: If someone can't read the english alphabet, how are they going to read a message written in English but using Greek words?!?!?

: Either copy the Greek or try this:
: An den diabezete agglika, parakalo na metafrastei afto to minima st' ellinika. Periechei simantikes oikogeneiakes plirofories. Efcharisto.

: If I were you, I'd copy the Greek (alphabet) message exactly. How hard can it be to "draw" the same letters?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]