Re: interracial dating??? I disagree with BigGeorge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Cleo on November 06, 2000 at 06:56:13:

In Reply to: Re: interracial dating??? I disagree with BigGeorge posted by ME on November 05, 2000 at 23:17:49:

I understand your point, but coming from acountry which has so many races mixed up together, I don't see why it is so important. Its nice to kn9ow where you came from and traditions etc, but I don't see why it has to be such a constant source of worry. people seem to think about it all the time and are so hung up on it. If people turned round and said they want to prevent their race being made un-white or un-black then they would be branded complete racists. Also, I think the culture is terrible for parents believing they can run their children's lives - they are individuals and entitled to be what they want, marry who they want etc.. My parents never told me that I had to live like them, believe their religion, politicsn etc - they fortunately believe in giving guidance and then giving the individual enough credit to form their own opinions.

: Basil, I agree with you to SOME extent. The fact of the matter is that i can in all likelihood point to as many who have come from two parents that are of the Greek BACKGROUND and show that their "Greekness" has diminished significantly. Actually, I could also point out many who have come from Greek parents, who have been raised by these Greek parents in places like Canada yet who don't know a word of Greek.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]