Re: Difference between Greek Orth. and Christianity???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by GARY on November 16, 2000 at 21:29:08:

In Reply to: Difference between Greek Orth. and Christianity??? posted by Jennifer on November 16, 2000 at 16:36:46:

Dear Jennifer: The differences are many. The greatest is the fact that they belive in salvation by works (doing one's best to make Heaven), and Baptist believe in salvation by grace, through faith in the shed blood of Jesus, plus nothing else. Their unscriptural practice of infant baptism is only one of many errors caused by their belief of works for salvation.
On a personal note: I don't want to lump all Greeks together, but from my years of personal experience with family and friends which are Greek, I would be very surprised if your boyfriend didn't think that having pre-marital sex was alright (to which you are adamantly opposed if you really are Baptist).
Regardless, you're worlds apart and there can never be a basis for a relationship unless he comes to accept the truth. Amos 3:3

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]