Re: bapti

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by cleo on January 08, 2001 at 06:54:51:

In Reply to: Re: bapti posted by Maria on January 07, 2001 at 20:47:21:

: : there is no problem. if somebody want to be whatever, its better to have the opportunity to discover his beleiving freely. with out influenses
: : What you agreed with your husband is a power game
: : and what is gonna be with the children is another story. Because children is something absolutely different and you have to realise it before having any...extension. WHY IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU THAT YOU ARE ORTHODOX? WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU IN THE DEEPER LEVEL?

: I didn't post this question to receive a psuedo-psychological response. I posted the question in the hopes that someone would be able to answer it for me. Please do not judge me, my husband, or any decision we make TOGETHER. If you cannot answer my question, don't bother replying.

I'm not totally sure, but I know that if you marry in another church, this puts you out of good standing with the orthodox church. I found out because I'm getting married next year and my fiance is orthodox. I haven't been christended in any church and so am considering this so that he may maintain his 'rights' by marrying in the greek church. We have considered a civil wedding, but i don't know what the church says about it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]