Re: Greece vs Ellada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Petro on February 05, 2001 at 14:18:14:

In Reply to: Re: Greece vs Ellada posted by Maria on February 05, 2001 at 10:48:10:

send me an email and i will post the link to the site once it is completed. i am from sparti...my mom's parents came from giorgitsi and some where else....i have to check..and my dads mom came from soustiano. (perovolia....??????) anyways... my email is kanenas01@hotmail.com...i have msn messanger and am on and off usually all day.

anyways....to the word orgin .... ------>
the latin word (roman) for the people in the area were known as greks....not by translation but by misrepresentation by this group of people from this village where they called them selves the "greks".... just like i call myself a marylander...and a few marylanders go to russia and then all of the USA is refered to as maryland...hard to explain in a message board...but the names for the Hellenes have varried. if the turks ruled us they have a different name they refer to us by and then the people from the north have been caller "Romai" (sp*) while during the age of Constantine and the rule of christianity the books try to refer to "us" as Byzantines. or people from the village of Bizantium ...later called of course Constantinople. with out going on too big a tangent...i will stop here for now.
Petros

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]