A Greek side dish

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Thomas H on February 06, 2001 at 08:50:05:

Hello! I have a question about a certain Greek food.
I once worked at a Greek resteraunt in Linkoping Sweden (doing dishes). The Greek chefs that worked there were mighty fine cooks. I loved the way they cooked lamb, rice and other tasty Greek food. My most favorite food other than grilled lamb chops is a side dish, which consists of yogurt garlic and cucumbers. I know how to say the name of the dish; I just don’t know how to spell it. Could you spell it for me? (Zaziiki?) Everytime I have ordered it here in the U.S. it is different from how I had it there. Here they serve it in more like a past form, (there) in Linkoping they served it with the cucumbers chopped in very small squares, (not diced or minced) I like it much better the way they made it in Linkoping. Does it vary with each cook? And does it have a long history?
I’ve tried to make my own, but nothing tasted like how I had it once before. I would love a recipe if you have one.
Thank you very much!
Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]