Re: Yes, you do if........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Xenni on February 12, 2001 at 20:08:21:

In Reply to: Re: Yes, you do if........ posted by Georgia on February 10, 2001 at 18:26:35:

Georgia -

I'm not sure if your snarky comment about the "blonde hair and blue eyes" description being "stupid" was directed toward me or one of the many comments posted in regards to my original posting. Either way, put yourself in someone else's "non-Greek community" shoes for a moment and think about how YOU would feel if you were referred to by the Greek people close to your boyfriend as "that blonde." CLEARLY I am NOT Greek and they can SEE that. My comment about my looks was based SOLELY on these people's observations and comments not some bigoted perception on my part about how Greeks are supposed to look.

It's as inflammatory as being called a "shiske" by Jewish people who ALSO can clearly see that I'm not Jewish. My character has nothing to do with this.....this is MY experience in dealing with a very challenging situation.

So, please be more sensitive to other people's issues....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]