Re: Does a Non-Greek Girl Have a Chance?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by RL on February 25, 2001 at 02:55:56:

In Reply to: Re: Does a Non-Greek Girl Have a Chance?! posted by BR on January 24, 2001 at 06:04:54:

I am an American Catholic woman marrying a Greek man and will be moving to Greece. Is there a book that can help me with Greek Custom? I'm reading all these posts to Does a non-Greek girl have a chance and I'm beginning to wonder...what am I getting myself into. I have spent no time in Greece. I am very much in love. His mother loves me...but after reading some of these posts I am a little concerned. Is life that different in Greece than in America? I doubt that our love will change living there. I have had his mother tell me I act like a Greek woman more than once. I still don't know what was meant by that. I just said I guess Mexican women act like Greek women. I'm a third generation American.

I would appreciate any help with knowing Greek Customs that I can get. Thank you...

: Might I suggest the book "Greek Customs and Traditions in America". I found it very helpful in understanding the culture and a launching point for additional research.

: Best wishes

: B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]