Straight from the heart

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Eric Rosemeyer on March 14, 2001 at 22:15:24:

In Reply to: Re: Advice on inter-cultural relationships posted by Blonda on July 14, 2000 at 22:18:18:

: Sarandos;
: I am an American, engaged to a Greek man, and despite the inter-cultural differences and his families blatent rejection of me and our relationship, we have other issues that add to the pool of hurdles. I am nine years older then he, with teenage children, I reside in America, and he in Greece. Our decision is to overcome these obstacles, and although we know it will not be easy, our love is worth the effort and the risk. I could focus on all the negitivity and boundries that will encompass us, but I rather set my sights on optimism. A few things to think about...:
: "Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off of his goals."
: "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on
: trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
: -Dale Carnegie
: "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
: -W. M. Lewis
: "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat
: and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great
: enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the
: triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so
: that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
: -Theodore Roosevelt
: "For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
: The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'"
: -John Greenleaf Whittier, "Maud Muller"
: "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is
: inconsolable."
: -Sydney J. Harris, Strictly Personal
: We can try to avoid making choices by doing nothing, but even that is a decision.
: -Gary Collins
: "Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line.
: They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown."
: -H. Ross Perot

: "We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory."
: -Georges Duhamel, The Heart's Domain
: "Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
: -William Shakespeare
: "Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
: Lat., "Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow."
: -Horace, Odes
: Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
: -Sophia Loren
: Best of Luck...To you and your Lady.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]