Re: has anyone heard the arabic version of filakia by pantazis?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on May 04, 2001 at 15:27:54:

In Reply to: has anyone heard the arabic version of filakia by pantazis? posted by diana on May 04, 2001 at 10:34:57:

Diane,

The song filakia, was actually first recorded by a Turk. His name is Tarkan, and the song is called Simarik. If you look on the back cover of Pantazis album, you will see Simarik in parentheses next to the song title filakia. The song is heavier on the drums (better for tsiftetelia), but I think the Greek singing sounds better. Actually there are many songs that Greek singers redo from the Middle East (mostly arabic), and vice versa. The new song on Garbi's latest single "Mavro h aspro", is actually a pretty old Arabic song (I think its called "Bahebik"). There is a singer called Alabina, who is of Middle Eastern and Spanish origin. She has also recently done this song, and another one "Habibi de Mis Amores" that the Greek girl group Kaka Koritsia ("Mou lipi h angalia tou..." has done. I have many Middle Eastern friends, so we always argue over who wrote the songs first. I recently heard that a Turkish singer was going to redo Vissi's song "Eleni".

Gia Hara,
Niko

: if anyone has heard the arabic version of filakia and knows the name of it, please reply. i heard it is in turkish.thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]