Re: THE POPE IS NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN!!...ummm

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by B on May 18, 2001 at 01:18:37:

In Reply to: Re: THE POPE IS NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN!!...ummm posted by kandy kane on May 13, 2001 at 00:01:51:

Well the Bible said a lot of things.

Anyway, I currently fail to see that Catholicism has a stronger role in politics then Orthodoxy. Particularly since Orthodoxy is subdivided by nationality.

Did anyone take the time to listen to the Pope during his visit to Greece, Malta, etc. I think if people took the time to listen to what he had to say and contemplate the message (at whatever level you choose to recieve it) maybe you might see what Pope John Paul is really all about. He is certianly about unification, but do not confuse this with a single unified religion with a single mortal leader. I can't remember the exact location he was at, (it was his stop before Malta), he along with Orthodox clergy, took time meet with the leaders of the Muslim faith in that country. He did speak of togetherness, and "unification" if you will. This is a togetherness based on the love of One God. Even a zealot would have cought that message.

B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]