Re: THE POPE IS NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Victor Labate on May 18, 2001 at 13:22:49:

In Reply to: THE POPE IS NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN!! posted by ORTHODOXY-THE ONE ONLY CHURCH OF CHRIST on May 10, 2001 at 22:02:39:

I went to a conference in New York City last week and saw Papandreou, Minister of Foreign Affairs. He said that Greece invited the Pope to improve relationships with other western countries and in general to give Greece the image of an open nation. I still think it is BS. I don't think religion should be mixed with politics and it upsets me to see this John Paul II all the time on TV telling the world what to do, like he is God. He should just deal with HIS religion and his followers. Why do we have to bear this guy now even in Greece? He is trying to get media attention, get involved in politics but at the same time refuses to recognize the atrocities committed by his church in the past, the total lack of involvement during the Second World War when people really needed the church's help... etc The sad thing is that more and more people accept him as the spiritual leader of the world.

In general, I think religion shouldn't be mixed with politics. I agree with what's going on now in Greece with the governemnt and the Orthodox church. I don't want Greece to be ruled by a bunch of monks, like it used to be. It is not our religion that make us Greek but our culture and our history. Ancient Greeks were not Orthodox.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]