Re: How do you.......?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on June 16, 2001 at 02:33:26:

In Reply to: How do you.......? posted by Jeanne on June 14, 2001 at 07:14:44:

: I'm new to the board & the Greek experience, but I'm trying to figure out how to get my husband to take a trip to visit Greece? He's agreed to visit my family in Ireland & Hungary, but not HIS family in Greece.

: For some background, his parent immagrated to Pennsylvania when he was about 18 months old. His younger sister & brother were born here. Mum & I get along GREAT.

: I see a great sadness in her, loneliness too, that only moving back will end, but her children and grandchild is here. The rest of the family have already moved back.

: My problem is hubby doesn't want to go! I thought he was ashamed of me, considering I'm Irish/Hungarian and not either Greek nor Orthodox. He has called them and I've spoken to family on the phone (THAT was weird), but he doesn't want to go!

: I am a member of the SCA (www.sca.org) and have gotten him interested in history, and I have gotten him asking questions about Greece.

: But the problem is he's an AMerican (red-blooded, sports watching, remote control hogging, hooter whitling) who just happens to born in Athens!

: Hence, my delima. I can get him to wash the dishes and take out the trash (we fight over the gardening), but I can't get him to want to see his birthplace!

: Any suggestions?! We're working on having children. I'd like to go BEFORE I can't walk like a human AND the cost of children prohibits the trip for several more years!

: ???

Jeanne,

I'm not sure what to suggest except perhaps a greek island cruise. Everyone loves the greek islands and once you're there I'm sure he will be tempted to visit the mainland.

Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]