Re: A Simple Greek Translation Anyone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on June 21, 2001 at 19:10:33:

In Reply to: Re: A Simple Greek Translation Anyone? posted by Andrea on June 21, 2001 at 02:38:08:

: I don't know of any such sites - Greek is a very difficult language to translate word-for-word so even if you did that, it probably wouldn't make sense... That's been my experience with the language. If it's only a few words, why don't you post it o the noticeboard and get someone to translate it.... it may be a good alternative
: cheers

I agree with Andrea's suggestion. You won't get "jibber jobble" or "gobbledy gook" coming up on this board. The greek letters come out ok.

As for the other translation sites you mentioned you would have to go to "view" on your toolbar, click on "encoding", then click on "greek (windows)" or "greek (ISO)" to view the greek letters (so that they're converted from "jibber jobble" to greek letters). I'm not sure if this entails having already downloaded greek fonts.

Joanna.

: : Hello everyone! :-)

: : I have a question, and I hope you can help me.
: : I have a friend that is from Greece, and I want to send him a Birthday Card, and write something nice in it in Greek. Does anyone know where I can find any FREE translation for it online without downloading any fonts? I can't seem to find anything. I have searched, and typed at translation pages, but all that comes up is "Jibber Jobble".

: : Thanks!

: : Jessica

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]