Re: misohellenists

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by GS on June 26, 2001 at 07:29:47:

In Reply to: Re: misohellenists posted by Nikos on June 26, 2001 at 01:37:14:

Nikos,

you are spot on. I must admit I have noticed a "rise in assults" the way Christos describes it, and especially through the internet, originating mainly from Albanian, Kossovar and Fyromian sites and publications.

I would not object into maybe trying and finding some truths or revealing some innacuracies that might appear the way Greek history is sometimes presented, but not claiming anything Greek as their own and practising a general attack on everything Greek, the culture and the people without distinction.

However, we should try and answer whenever we can, but be restrained like Nikos pointed out. Spontaneous comments that come into every Greek like "we Greeks invented everything", "without us you would be nothing", "all the world should owe us for what we have offered", "orthodoxy is the best religion in the world" etc without trying first to justify our answer and try and admit some of our faults as well, will fail immediately in any decent conversation or exchange of opinion with any "pro-Greek" or "anti-Greek" person.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]