Re: Boy Doting...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by May on July 06, 2001 at 17:34:18:

In Reply to: Re: Burnt by a Greek man and pregnant! posted by Sophia on June 12, 2001 at 12:58:02:

>After all, are not the Greek mothers to blame >for the role they take and training they give >their children?

They sure are. The excessive doting on "boys" and "sons" is revolting. I know a woman whose aunt told her she wouldn't visit her anymore if the baby she was carrying turned out to be a girl. It did...and the woman never showed up again. ALSO...Her mother-in-law still makes a habit of calling her a "putana" in front of everyone...including her children. A couple of months ago her 14 year old son finally got fed up with all the "putana" nonsense and threatened to break a chair over grandma's head if she continued with her hysteria. The woman deserved it. I think the name of the game here is "Yiayia's a Nut".

I'm a 37 year old American married to a Greek citizen (but NOT an ethnic Greek). I've been around...I've seen a lot in my life...but I've never seen anything like this. I've come to the conclusion that all the boy doting is one of the reasons why many Greek women seem so hopelessly needy. I'm quite frankly tired of looking at ugly attempting to be "sexy" by parading around half-naked.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]