Re: SURVEY: New Hellenic Cultural Centre

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on July 08, 2001 at 00:49:10:

In Reply to: SURVEY: New Hellenic Cultural Centre posted by achilles on July 07, 2001 at 23:48:48:

Achilles,

I am attending the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington. We have a Hellenic and Cypriot Association on campus that organizes lectures, Greek dance lessons, Greek parties, etc. I believe the creation of this center would assist us in are goals to promote Hellenism in Washington state, since Vancouver is very close to Seattle. Unfortunatley, I am graduating in August, and I will be going to Greece for the next two years or more. However, I am planning on assisting our organization as much as I can while I am in Greece. Our website address is students.washington.edu/hellas . Feel free to contact any of us through our email list argonaftes@u.washington.edu . This way all members (around 30), plus the Greek faculty at the university, will receive your email. Most of our members are in Greece, but will be back in September. In addition, a new Hellenic Studies program has been created in the Jackson School of International Studies. It offers courses in the Modern Greek language, Modern Greek History, and sponsors Greek related events. They do not have an official website, but you can find information about the program on the webpage of the Western European Center. Main page of WEU is http://jsis.artsci.washington.edu/programs/cwesuw/#3 .
Info on the Hellenic Studies program in winter 2001 newsletter: http://jsis.artsci.washington.edu/programs/cwesuw/winter01.pdf
I look forward to hearing more about this new Hellenic Cultural Center.

Nikos Georvasilis
leriko@hotmail.com

: Market Research

: To analyze the market potential of a culturally specific centre in Western and Eastern Canada, we are collecting information from a number of sources.
: The information gathered will include industry trend analysis, future sales projections and an assessment of the level of demand for this concept.
: We would greatly appreciate your participation in this Internet survey.
: The survey results will be used to prepare customer profiles and gauge what type of information and services are in demand.

:
: The Centre which is currently in development, will be a multi-faceted organization intended to serve the community of Vancouver and the surrounding area. The primary objective of the company is to attain and maintain a position as the major source of Archaic Hellenism in the greater Vancouver area and over time franchise throughout Canada.
: Our goal is to provide clients with a variety of choices and to promote Ancient Hellenic Culture. The organization will be offering activities to its members regularly, dealing with Hellenic art forms, Hellenic philosophy (Pythagorean, pre-Socratic, Platonic, Stoic, neo-Platonic etc), and Mythology, as well as scientific lectures, symposia, public discourses, social and athletic activities.

:
: Please post your comments.

:
: Thank you for your participation in this survey

:
: Achilles

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]