Re: Greek Muslims

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by trinnaty on August 07, 2001 at 22:32:16:

In Reply to: Greek Muslims posted by Sara on July 27, 2001 at 17:22:48:

You all should take some advice from Nikos....

Why you all jumping down her throat? Obviously, our parents have taught us to be proud of being greek, Orthodox, etc. But, just to add to Nikos comment, do any of you go to church regularly? Why do majority of women who go for communion wear lipstick and makeup? When you fast and then go to receive Holy Communion you should feel like you are cleansing yourselves from all sins and asking for forgiveness. Women should be going for communion without any makeup, lipstick, etc....(especially, the ones I've seen with the bright red lipstick). How many of us go to church and watch as the "not so fortunate" families walk in and at the end of church everyone starts gossiping about the "not so fortunate families'" attire and how dare they come to church with ratty clothes, pants for the women and how you saw them last week with the same attire? Is this really religion? God accepts everyone into his temple and if he certainly doesn't judge them, then why should we?

Anyway, this was a little off topic, but all I ask you to do is really sit down and think about what you are saying before you say it. Be proud to be Greek or whatever culture you are but remember that everybody is an individual therefore, do not condemn them for their choices, but listen and learn. And remember, there is a difference between religion and society's own made up rules or views. Do you really know your religion?

: Are there any Greek converts to Islam out there that would be interested in sharing experiences? I converted over 5 years ago alhamdulilah.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]