Re: Wanting advice from Greek women

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by BadGreek on August 08, 2001 at 10:11:46:

In Reply to: Wanting advice from Greek women posted by Jodie on August 02, 2001 at 18:42:14:

I am a Greek guy and I am very attached to my culture and heritage. I have been dating a non-greek for over a year now and things are great. From the beginning I have taken her out to greek places and with my greek friends. Everyone loves her because of WHO she is and not WHAT she is. ANd she loves the greek culture and is very interested in learning more and more about it.

My advise to you is be yourself. If you show you care about your partners heritage, and try to learn as much about it as possible, greeks will accept you. The younger greeks and second generation greeks especially. There will always be a few that will look at you as an outsider, and that you don't belong with him, and why is he dating you, etc., but those are just ignorant people that should be ignore anyway. Bottom line, if his family accepts you, which is the most important, nothing else should matter...to you or him!!!! My family loves my girlfriend and that is really all I care about.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]