Re: THE 12 BASIC HELLENIC CHARACTERISTICS (almost all are Orthodox Christian characteristics as well)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Bill on August 13, 2001 at 11:53:35:

In Reply to: Re: THE 12 BASIC HELLENIC CHARACTERISTICS (almost all are Orthodox Christian characteristics as well) posted by Achilles on August 09, 2001 at 11:17:31:

: Telemachos wrote:

:
: : Thank you for your interesting personal list. As a practising Greek Orthodox Christian, I find that this list also reflect ME.

: Sounds like Christian arrogance...lol

: However, item #2 on your list, of course, is off my list.

: Being so selective for your own purposes you would be contradicting characteristic #4 on this list. Tolerance and understanding for all other Ethnic cultures. A dialectic and reasonable way of self-expression. Then again you Christians seem to constantly contradict yourselves now don't you...lol

:
: Needless to say, many of our most learned ancestors also rejected polytheism given that they outgrew the very illogical, petty, capricious ways that our ancestors' pantheon behaved.

:
: Telemachos, why do you think that is true. Do you have any evidence to back your statement?

: Just as there were those who chose to believe in one God, there was a variety of differing schools of thought available to the populace. The citizens of Ancient Greece had choices to pursue their intellectual development. There was freedom to explore and grow. There was room for everyone, Jews, Dodecatheists (the Old Hellenic religion), Stoics, Sophists, and yes even Christians. People had the freedom to worship without the restrictions of a dogmatic faith (Christianity), that later forcefully destroyed traditional Hellenism.

:
: It's so interesting that each and every one of these points is an integral component of the Eastern (Greek) Orhtodox faith (for those who actually study it and practise it, not those who simply know it as an object to attack).

: Really,

: If each and every one of these points is an integral component of the Eastern (and Greek no less) Orthodox faith, then that means the Church accepts characteristic #2...A Polytheistic perspective of the Cosmos (self-creation, non-linear time, multiplicity of the Divine etc.)

: Yet another contradiction for you Christians!

:
: Once again, thank you for your personal list.

: : Telemachos

:
: You're most welcome Telemachos. I truly enjoyed reading your display of Christian logic. I found it convoluted and quite predictable.

:
: lol

: Achilles

Achilles,

Your repetitive use of "lol" is annoying and arrogant. I imagine you're quite cerebral, but lack any cognizance of what is actually transpiring in the world around you. Your logic stems from the convenience to placate your skewed perception of religion, Christianity et al. Thank God (yes, the Christian one), that you're a complete idiot----lol.
Bill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]