Re: greek mother-in-law/mother problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Clare on October 26, 2001 at 13:32:26:

In Reply to: Re: greek mother-in-law/mother problems posted by pp on October 26, 2001 at 11:59:01:

hi

I would like to just ask a question. Why did it get so bad in the first place? Do your parents object simply because your wife is spanish? And trying to make someone divorce when they are happy must be a sin in itself. I hope you and your wife have a long happy life together.

: Vasili,
: thank you for your help.
: The situation is very difficult and I never thought that I could get in such a situation.

: I see it like you that I have to find my way even if it is hard. I defenetly don't want to break with my parents, but what should I do if they trying to force me to divorce? I know it is absolutly stupid demanding this, but they are actually doing that. It is her or them! Even if they don't express it, I feel that. And one thing is frightning me too, since the marriage things haven't moved. My parents don't give me no chance to calm the situation! They don't want to speak to my wife! We have been visiting them and it was a greek drama! The situation couldn't be worse!

: I can't believe that they are playing a game where they prefer to cut their relationship with their son! And even if I divorce I can't believe that they are thinking things could be as before by just turning the page!

: Why do greek mothers think that they are the most important thing in the world without respecting the personality of others?

: With my parents I already bad battles going back to greece or not and I answered that I would like to come back but I underlined that I would need a job to gain enough to feed my family. And their answer to this was "ela kai tha doume" "kai emeis edo eimaste". They can't understand that I would like to be independent and change my relationship to my parents to a relationship between adults and no more son to parents. Here I have a good paid job gaining enough money to afford a certain living standard.

: What a horrible situation! I don't know if you out there have same problems but I never suffered so much like the last 10 months!

: Thank you for your help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]