Re: Greek Egg/Lemon/Lamb soup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on November 15, 2001 at 03:31:30:

In Reply to: Greek Egg/Lemon/Lamb soup posted by A much improved cook on November 13, 2001 at 13:11:51:

: I am going to try and make this famous soup. I have tried once before and failed misearably, but I have really improved my cooking skills as of lately. My boyfriend's (deceased)mother used to make him this soup so, I want it to be really good for him. Anyway, I have a recipe off the internet that calls for ground lamb, rice, onion, parsley.......it also calls for 5 cups of stock or water. Since I am not using chicken, I don't know what to do about the stock and I don't want to dilute the flavor with just plain water. Finally, my question - can I use chicken broth, from Capmbell's? Would that work for the stock?

: Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I love my boyfriend very much and love to make him happy!!! Many Thanks:)

That sounds ok to me. You could also try chicken stock cubes although they're really not the same thing. Try looking for packaged liquid chicken stock. I'm not sure what country you're from but I believe -at least here in Sydney- that the product is now available.

Kali Orexi (Bon appetit).
Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]