Re: GREEK / GREEK - AMERICAN CHARITIES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Friend of the Church on December 03, 2001 at 14:26:22:

In Reply to: GREEK / GREEK - AMERICAN CHARITIES posted by manolis on November 23, 2001 at 17:41:39:

: Hello everybody/ I am trying to find web sites of greek and / or greek - american charities on the internet. Can someone help me?

: Thanks in advance.
: Manolis

Well, first of all, I must strongly deter you from giving it to the GO Church. This organization is barely a charity. Those of you who would undoubtedly disagree must be in a fool's paradise. What few people know, is that in the GO Church, most money goes to clerics, and very very seldomly to anything philanthropic. Need some evidece do you?

Where does Archbishop Iakovos live? Answer: the famous and exclusive Westchester Country Club. There, Rye, NY (Westchester County)his house is valued at well over $4,000,000 (btw... even more perplexing is that it is in his name, not the Archdioces').

What kind of car does the Metropolitan of Boston drive? Answer: a quite impressive Mercedes-Benz S500. For those of you who aren't as adept when it comes to luxury cars as the metropolitan obviously is, that car has a starting price of well over $90,000.

Why did Archbisop Spyridon face opposition from the patriarch? Answer: He did not drive an exotic german engineered car, nor did he as for a $4,000,000 country club estate... but instead, a certain PRIEST from Long Island was able to buy his way into the Patriarch's mentallity with over $2,000,000 (quite a sum for a priest to have don't you think?)

I think I've proven my point.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]