Re: help naming baby

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on December 11, 2001 at 11:28:27:

In Reply to: Re: help naming baby posted by giannis on December 10, 2001 at 23:42:33:

Wow, I didn't know this question was going to be so difficult. Anyway, I'm Greek and my husband isn't. My mother already has a grandchild named after her, and I'm using my fatheres name if it's a boy( Andrew Nicholas ). And if we want to get technical the first choice belongs to the father anyway. My husband mentioned Sidney or even Athena so we were just wondering if there was anything in Greek that could be translated to the first choice. In realitty living in a Country other than Greece, using your baptized name is difficult. that's just the way it is. Anyway,we're baptizing our child Greek orthodox so thought it would be nice if it had a Greek name. Thanks for any help.

: Actually, we're not sure what we're having yet but I need help with a girls name. We like the name sydney and was wondering if any of you can come up with a Greek name that can be translated to Sydney. To give you an example , my cousin named her baby paraskevi and in English they call her Paris and evi sometimes. thanks for any ideas.

: I would suggest a greek name like andriana .. what about this name ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]