Re: Working in L.A.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by De on May 23, 2000 at 07:58:25:

In Reply to: Working in L.A. posted by vassilis on May 20, 2000 at 10:11:16:

: Have been offered ajob in L.A.
: (First time in the States with wife and children)
: Could anybody give me some pointers on the cost of life,
: quality of life,violence,free time ,schools,anything.......
: What sort of salary I should be asking for??

Vassili: I live in the Washington DC area, but I have visited LA. and can say that it is very expensive (especially the good areas which is where you would probably want to live). There is a large Greek population in LA and in California, in general. I would recommend looking up California on the web for the state tourism board and read about the city. You could also look up Greek Churches in LA or other Greek-American organizations and get in touch with someone who lives there. I can tell you that traffic is horrible! Also, there are several websites that offer 'salary calculators' to help determine relocation costs internationally. Do a search on the web for this too. This is a very big step for you and your family, so it is worth the time and effort to research beforehand as much as possible. Maybe you could even take a trip to LA and see for yourself before you move. Once you spend the time and effort to move all the way to LA, it would be difficult to turn right around and go back to Greece. Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]