Re: GREEK HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by anne on August 09, 2000 at 01:30:04:

In Reply to: GREEK HELP posted by Backlash on August 03, 2000 at 15:59:41:

Gia Sou!
I am currently in the process of learning Ellenika as well- my b-friend is a native greek here in the us for his education, so he helps me a lot. We have tried and researched a lot of books, but the best one i have found so far is "Greek in 3 months" by Hugo (I got it at Borders). Yes, the title sounds corny, and it is really geared towards tourists, but it is the best book I have found for teaching and explaining Greek grammar in a easy to understand and logical manner. I then supplement this with vocab from several other books, incldng " A manual of Modern Greek I" by Anne Farmakides and "Vocabulary of Modern Spoken Greek" by Swanson. Also, learn how to read and write in greek if you haven't already, because it makes things A LOT easier later on. I first learned how to write and read (even though I could not understand most of it), so I could learn the rest at a faster pace. If you have a chance, just take time to listen to people speak greek, even if you can't understand it. I hear my b-friend speak all the time,and it really helps with your pronunciation and word recognition. If you have any more questions, or you want to get together online to practice, just leave a follow up message and I will be happy to get together with you.

xronia polla!
Anne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]