Re: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Roy R. Kallas on September 26, 2000 at 16:56:27:

In Reply to: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!1 posted by curious on May 25, 2000 at 17:55:37:

From what I understand, Kallas is pronounced correctly kalla's. The a being the end of the pronounciation. Like Kalla or good with an s on the end. The word evidently means beautiful from the original version of Kallageroupoulis of Kallargera. However, most people say Kallas like Dallas and that works instead of trying to pronounce it. That's my opinion and that's what I was told by my father. Roy : hi,
: i was wondering how to correctly pronounce my last name. It is spelled K-A-L-L-A-S, Kallas. Most of the time people pronounce it like rhyming with Dallas and, at other times, they make the first 'A' a long A for the first syllable and then use the 'LLAS' for the second syllable. Which pronounciation is the correct one? Or, are both of them wrong? If so, does anyone know the correct pronounciation? Also, does anyone know what my last name means in Greek? I'd appreciate it if anyone could be of the littlest help.
: Thank You!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]