Re: Typical American...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mihalis on October 06, 2000 at 07:31:01:

In Reply to: Re: Typical American... posted by theony on October 06, 2000 at 01:01:37:

That is an awfully ethnocentrist view, isn't it? Most Greeks are major complainers (myself being one!). In my opinion, I don't see Americans as "whining" about other nations. I do, however, see my own countrymen doing so which embarasses me to no end. If Greece does not advance in Western Society it is her own fault. She is in the EU. She is a member of NATO. For years she had the benefit of being a strategic cold-war nation. None of this seems to help. As much as I hate to admit it, Greece is closer to a third world nation than a European one. Have you ever been in a Greek hospital? My grandfather, grandmother and aunt have all died from the care that they received in Greek hospitals which was worse than the actual diseases they suffered from.

Don't spew out this garbage to me about America keeping Greece down. Greece stays down because she can't get her act together. We are so proud that the Olympics will be in Greece in 2004. Mark my words, it will be a bureaucratic nightmare and we will be the laughing stock of the world. Greece has remained a corrupted, third-rate bureaucratic republic. If you want to sit and point a finger at someone else, remember that three are pointing back at you. Why does Greece always need "help" to fix her problems?

We should feel very ashamed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]