Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Sylvia on November 06, 2000 at 14:48:39:

In Reply to: Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end?? posted by cleo on November 06, 2000 at 06:47:22:

It is a fact that when you have a relationship with a Greek man you also have to deal with his family.
I advice every non Greek woman to just be herself ofcourse you have to compromise but you also have to do that in relationships where the man is not Greek. I did not "ask"for a Greek man, infact in the beginning I did not wanted to start a relationship with him because he was Greek I foresaw many obstacles. After years of platonic friendship ( in that time I learned alot about his culture, language etc.) we fell in love, to this day I am so happy that I gave it a try!
About the parents; there sweethearts,they do everything to make me feel at home in Greece.For them -I am non Greek- I am one of theirs, they see I love their son and they like their son to be happy.Ofcours there are cultural differences, but talk about them, do not let them become problems.I believe that when a couple is interested in eachother culture and see the differences as
"challenges"instead of seeing them as problems the relation will work.
well Joy, To answer your question; I guess its 50/50 sometimes it works sometimes it does not:-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]