Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Sylvia on November 07, 2000 at 00:28:08:

In Reply to: Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end?? posted by BeenThere on November 06, 2000 at 17:14:34:

: Well, what is considered "Love" in their minds?
: They were taught, (brainwashed) from an early age, that LOVE is to sacrafice YOUR life for your parents, as they have sacraficed their life for you. Pardon me, but, THEY chose to lie down with one another THEY chose to raise children, so when exactly are the children allowed to have a life of their own??? AFTER the parents are gone?? Sorry, but I am NOT a puppet to my parents ideals and views as to what MY life should be!!! I respect them, honor them, but NO WHERE, does the comandment say to LIVE FOR THEM!!!!!!
: So, NO, I do not think Greek boys don't know how to LOVE, they just don't know how to ACT on that LOVE, without Mommy and Daddy's OK!!!

This maybe true to some of them, but certainly this does not apply for every Greek!
Also, If a man (no mather his nationality) really loves you he is NOT going to ask his parents to be with you......what I am saying is that it also
depends on the man, if its really love nothing can keep him from his choice.
About "brainwashing" I have been around Greeks for 16 years now and I never noticed it in my surroundings. But listen, is this parents thing something typical Greek??? My parents rather had that I chose a man from my own country, and I am not Greek! Some parents are just like that, I know my parents love me and they are not (they don't dare!!) trying "brainwash"me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]