Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mihalis on November 10, 2000 at 07:09:58:

In Reply to: Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century posted by theony on November 09, 2000 at 19:41:41:

Theony-

While I do try and conduct some of my spiritual growth at home, I find that attending church gives me something special. Perhaps it is a way to reflect on the week that has passed and focus myself on my growth as a person and as a christian. My wife attends whichever church makes me happy although I know that she prefers the catholic church.

I think that you raise an interesting question about the perception of God. I don't know if the perception of many people has changed however, I find that the Greek church is very strict due to their interpretation of the scriptures. I can understand men having differences with other men in interpreting the word of God, however, I do not believe that God sent his son to us in order to divide us. Sometimes I see the differences in the catholic and Greek churches to be based on such minutia that it disappoints me greatly. All that I really want is to be able for the four of us to worship together as a loving family.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]