Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by theony on November 12, 2000 at 16:27:35:

In Reply to: Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century posted by Mihalis on November 10, 2000 at 07:09:58:

: Mihali

I can see that there is great dissapointment from your standing, and I wouldnt be suprised that alot of people have or are experiencing the same dissapointment in their churh. I believe the best thing that came from Jesus Christ, regardless of what each individual believes, and even if they are nit christian, is the teachings which cross over all bounderings and religions. It is these teachings that I believe bear the directions one should follow in life....
It is very difficult for me, born Greek Orthodox, to find solice in the churh , because it does not offer me the peace i desire. Mankind (myself included) has let me down and therefor, I find it almost impossible to find peace in anything of this world. I feel that the only beautifull thing about any congreation at a church, is the coming together of people in the aspect of love and peace, but often the people I find at church, have apeared due to obligation to varies needs.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes, as I am at work typing very quickly and have no time to go over my writting..

As far as the church deviding us, it appears that that has been the case through out history. And as our world gets smaller with new age, alot of people do not want to be divided due to denomination, and i would think that could be why they do not attend mass any more...
Man will always be divided when there is something to gain...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]