Re: Difference between Greek Orth. and Christianity???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Helen on November 22, 2000 at 11:03:55:

In Reply to: Difference between Greek Orth. and Christianity??? posted by Jennifer on November 16, 2000 at 16:36:46:

Hi Jennifer:
Greek Orthodox Christianity began as the the "primative" early Church established by the Holy Apostles as passed down to them by Jesus Christ, as they were enlightened and filled by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. You may learn about our beliefs by reading and studying the Nicene Creed, Holy Scriptures and the Holy Traditions of the Greek Orthodox Church. It takes more than a lifetime to learn about our faith because it comes from God who has no beginning and no end, and belief or faith in God & His teachings gives us eternal life, therefore an eternity to learn about God who is only knowable through His Energies, because we are incapable of knowing God's very Essence--we cannot see God in His true essence and live--we are His creatures, & children, as Jesus is both one essence with the Father, Creator, & Incarnate by the Holy Spirit and became man, or one with creation. These things are a "Mystery." We cannot always explain our faith because it involves things that are Holy, not of this earth, Heavenly, and beyond human explanation. It takes us years to understand our own faith, & eternity will never be long enough perhaps. We walk with God moment by moment too. We believe in the Holy Sacraments/Mysteries & constant prayer with our minds in our hearts before God. Good luck! Hope that you can learn something about our faith!
Sincerely,
Helen
: My boyfriend is Greek Orthodox and does not
: know much about it. I am a Christian and
: a Baptist to be specific. I am walking in
: with God daily and am having a hard time understanding
: my boyfriend's beliefs. What are the main differences?
: Any help would be so much appreciated.
: Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]