Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Frosene on December 01, 2000 at 12:24:59:

In Reply to: Re: The Greek Church in the 21st Century posted by Mihalis on November 13, 2000 at 09:57:45:

: Thanks Theony,

: Sometimes it helps to know that someone else can understand what we are going through. Sometimes, when I do connect in the Greek church, it is deep and powerful but that is not often the case. The Greek church is for adults. There is no place for children in it. This is what I like about my wife's church. There is a lot of love between not only adults, but the kids are included.

: Thanks again for you insight.

: God Bless.

: M

My heart goes out to you who are having a hard time understanding our Church. For 45 years I searched for some inner peace. I went to all sorts of churches, spoke to all types of people, and guess what, when I was 45 I found myself in front of a GO Church in Peoria, AZ.
I have been there ever since. It is an exceptional church in the fact that we have a very loving, modern priest. Our liturgies are mostly in English, but we sing a lot of the songs in Greek. Our choir is made up of Greeks and non-Greeks who do a wonderful job for not knowing
the language.

I recently became a member of the Parish Council. If you had told me this would be happening 10 years ago, I would have laughed. I am also the church organist and Sunday school teacher.
I guess what I am trying to say is, go find another GO Church. Sometimes the smaller churches are more fulfilling. That has been my case. I am also married to a non-Greek. He does not go to church with me,
but he supports me and all of my traditions. I have NEVER had so much peace within me as I have in the last five years. Maybe becoming middle-aged has something to do with it.

Bless you and if you are ever in Arizona, come visit our wonderful little church.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]