Re: Need help naming my baby boy....(are you nuts ?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Basil on December 23, 2000 at 13:01:58:

In Reply to: Need help naming my baby boy.... posted by Stephanie on December 11, 2000 at 22:49:02:

: We are expecting our fourth child at the end of February - a boy after 3 girls. We are trying to find a name for him, our daughters names are; Zoe, Sophia and Charis. We would like for him to have a Grrek name also, but are having a hard time - we don't want it to be too common or too popular. My sister has used Nicholas - we both liked that but it's out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
: Thanx,
: Stephanie

Forgive me for being so....blunt in my subject header... but if you are Greek (I assume you are, that is), why not consider naming it by Greek convention, ie. after a parent, relative without descendants etc. The recent custom of naming kids outlandish names is so silly...I even heard of one family considering naming their son "Efialtes" - the most accursed of all Greek names (today it means "nightmare"; it was the name (then common) of the traitor who told the Persian army how to circumvent the Spartan army at Thermopylae). The suggested names are all wonderful; however, it would be a beautiful action to name your child after someone before him.....

Basil

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]