Re: Greek wedding question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on February 14, 2001 at 20:47:47:

In Reply to: Greek wedding question posted by Christina on February 14, 2001 at 20:13:08:

: Hello,
: Can anyone tell me who is supposed to carry the stephana to the altar, or are they already up there when the service begins? I need a job for my young nephew and I thought he might be able to carry the stphana.

: Thanks!
: Christina

Christina,

This is what I know: the bestman/bestwoman takes the stephana to the church and hands them over to the priest before the wedding ceremony begins. The priest places the stephana on a silver tray with the sugared almonds. This tray is set upon a small table at the front where the ceremony will take place. And next to the tray the bible is placed. So the stephana are already at the front before anything begins. One suggestion for your nephew (if you would like him to participate - and depending on his age) is for him to hold one of the two candles during the ceremony. (Some churches use candle-holders for this but you can arrange before the wedding for children to hold them instead). All the best!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]