Re: help me!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on April 04, 2001 at 20:41:32:

In Reply to: help me!! posted by Chrissy on April 04, 2001 at 20:28:50:

: this may sound kind of stupid, but i really need to know the correct pronounciation of Baklava. i am dong an english project on greek foods and it might help my grade if i can pronounce the word right. this you dont have to answer, but is there a greek name for chrissy or christina?? if so, does anyone have a clue what it might mean? thank you all so much for reading this and thank you even more if you answer either or both of my questons!
: Chrissy

Chrissy,

The pronunciation of "baklava" is as it's spelt. However I'll add that you should pronounce the 'a' like the 'u' in "buck".

There is a greek equivalent for the name of "Christina". It is exactly as it is in english but the "Ch" is pronounced as in the word "loch". In greek it is: Χριστίνα. (capitals: ΧΡΙΣΤΙΝΑ).

"Christina" is a derivation from "Christ" just as the Greek male version of "Christos" is. I don't think there is any other meaning apart from that.

Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]