Re: greek orthodox wedding, Orthodox marriing a non-Orthodox

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Jani on April 25, 2001 at 16:31:18:

In Reply to: Re: greek orthodox wedding posted by Me on April 22, 2001 at 23:59:46:

: Joanna, the Churches are allowing it because everytime they perform a ceremony, they pocket cash. With respect to ORTHODOX Christianity, "Orthodox" means keeping with the old ie unchanging. Things aren't all of a sudden "allowed" if they religion is not supposed to change. A person needs to be Orthdox to partake in the Mystery. In fact, both spouces should be Orthodox as well, but the Church, or maybe i should say, priests, unfortunately, haven't kept true to the religion they've "devoted" themselves to.

The above statement is not in the least bit accurate.
The Orthodox Church will marry two people, one being orthodox, as long as the other is a
christian of any denomination. This is because it is our sincere hope that the non Orthodox
spouse will WAKE UP and join the Church. The Orthodox Church was instituted by Jesus Christ,
and organized by his Disciples. ANY other Christian religion is an off shoot of the TRUTH, or Orthodox Faith.
I am getting married in the GO church in 4 weeks. The only money we will be giving them is for performing
the service. Isn't it reasonable to expect that if you are provided a service, then you should pay for it?!
Christos Anesti,
Jani

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]