Posted by Trevor Milburn on June 10, 2001 at 16:03:24:
In Reply to: spanokopita posted by Richelle on June 08, 2001 at 00:23:33:
1. 900g spinach
2. 2 x bunches spring onions/scallions
3. 50g parsley (heads only)
4. 4 x sprigs Dill
5. 1 tbls salt
6. 150 gm butter
7. 2 x onions (finely chopped)
8. 2 x large eggs
9. 100g feta cheese
10.salt & pepper
11. 8-10 leaves filo pastry
a. finely chop 1-4 & layer in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt & leave for 20 mins and squeeze out juices
b. saute onions in 75g butter until pale golden then pour over greens
3. beat eggs and feta then add to greens and season with pepper.
4. melt butter, brush onto broad shallow baking dish and add 1/2 sheets of filo brurhing each layer with melted butter then add spinach mixture.
5. cover with remaining sheets of filo brushing each with butter, then fold bottom edges over top and brush with more butter.
6. bake for 40 mins @ 180 deg C
7.serve warm or cooled - do nor chill in refrigerator.
Post a Followup