Re: Burnt by a Greek man and pregnant!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Sophia on June 12, 2001 at 12:58:02:

In Reply to: Burnt by a Greek man posted by Billi on June 12, 2001 at 03:37:22:

Hi, I've lived and worked in Greece and believe in general that people are the same all over the world.
However, as a UK person, that has not stopped me from being treated 'like a mistress of Antony Quinn', by a Greek man.
My Story:-
I fell in love with a Greek man from Greece, both of us wanted a baby. However, when I became pregnant, the story changed. He suddenly had no money, even though the family owned several homes. He wanted to continue living at home with parents (the guy is 34!!!) I'm had to go back to UK for support and now look forward to being a single mum.
Oh well, I get the babe and he is gonna miss out on the most wonderful experience life can offer.

If only I'd listened to advice from other Brits... It's true, the Greek men have a bad reputation, whatever they may say. There seem to be a high percentage who are irresponsible, idle, kamakia and mummy's boys. I feel that a deeper understanding of the Greek mindset is needed though. After all, are not the Greek mothers to blame for the role they take and training they give their children?

Ciao, Sophia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]