How do you.......?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Jeanne on June 14, 2001 at 07:14:44:

I'm new to the board & the Greek experience, but I'm trying to figure out how to get my husband to take a trip to visit Greece? He's agreed to visit my family in Ireland & Hungary, but not HIS family in Greece.

For some background, his parent immagrated to Pennsylvania when he was about 18 months old. His younger sister & brother were born here. Mum & I get along GREAT.

I see a great sadness in her, loneliness too, that only moving back will end, but her children and grandchild is here. The rest of the family have already moved back.

My problem is hubby doesn't want to go! I thought he was ashamed of me, considering I'm Irish/Hungarian and not either Greek nor Orthodox. He has called them and I've spoken to family on the phone (THAT was weird), but he doesn't want to go!

I am a member of the SCA (www.sca.org) and have gotten him interested in history, and I have gotten him asking questions about Greece.

But the problem is he's an AMerican (red-blooded, sports watching, remote control hogging, hooter whitling) who just happens to born in Athens!

Hence, my delima. I can get him to wash the dishes and take out the trash (we fight over the gardening), but I can't get him to want to see his birthplace!

Any suggestions?! We're working on having children. I'd like to go BEFORE I can't walk like a human AND the cost of children prohibits the trip for several more years!

???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]