misohellenists

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Christos on June 27, 2001 at 12:21:21:

In Reply to: Re: misohellenists posted by NIKOS on June 26, 2001 at 08:54:21:

My concern was for those who actively seek to harm Greece, her culture and heritage. I have been witness to such things and have tried to fight them. I have seen maps of Greece published by people of FYROM showing northern Greece to be theirs! They actually raise money for "fighting for what is theirs".
Every July 20th or there about, the Slavs from FYROM would have picnics to commemorate the Illinden uprising. Asking for donations to buy guns to fight Greece. I am sure these efforts still continue.
I have tried approaching the press, in official capacity as part of community leadership, with marginal results.
I am aware of the AHMP and support their efforts. I don't see them as extreme. I see them as the begining of a formal group setting the record straight. There are professional public relations firms working for interests who are against Greece. I can see the occaisional transgretion to be out of naivity but not at the current rate of denial, mis-direction and deceit. Take the US Congress not acknowledging the Armenian Genocide, The effort which went into this by the Armenian community was huge. It took paid lobbyists to bury it for the time being.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]