Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on July 17, 2001 at 11:57:01:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Elizabeth on July 17, 2001 at 02:31:08:

Elizabeth (the pseudo-suffragette),

I didn't say that Greece gave women the right to vote in 1952, I said that Greece was the first country to allow women to be ELECTED TO a public office/government position. That means that women could be ELECTED mayors, ministers, members of parliament, etc. Women were granted THE RIGHT to vote in 1924. Can your "DELUDED" brain see the difference? Thank god the Greek women weren't counting on you to help them, or else you would have biffed it for them. So try again Lizzie. By the way can you define what it means to be Western European, give an example of a country that is, and how Greece differs, for some reason I am still unclear on this? By the way I can't believe you resorted to calling me names and trying to put me down. In this case I don't think its the Greeks or the English who are dirty, but Lizzie. Ever since she has set foot in this message board it has smelled like kolotiri and pordozoumia. And that's a bad stink. Lastly, I wanted to say to Lizzie: Shame, Shame, everybody knows your name!!!!!!!

Nikos

: >I know that Greece was the first country in the >world to allow women to be elected and hold >office in the grand old year of 1952.

: Are you completely deluded, or pulling our leg? Women got the right to VOTE in Greece in 1952...1952! (Btw..Turkey gave it to them in 1930 :)

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]