Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion? (NOT !!!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Victor on July 18, 2001 at 15:55:44:

In Reply to: Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion? (NOT !!!) posted by GS on July 18, 2001 at 12:18:06:

The good thing is that monks are not going to rule Greece anymore. And now that religion is removed from IDs, people are not going to be discriminated based on their religion. I don't like Christianity but I have to say that Orthodoxy is part of the Greek culture and I see it more as a cultural and traditional thing than as a real religion. I think most Greeks see Orthodoxy that way. People go to the mass to chat with other Greeks and in order to feel Greek. The danger with freedom of religion is that we are going to have Greek buddhists and it is going to destroy completely our cultural base and open the gates to even more invaders from Albania or Slavic countries. So what do we do then? We should keep orthodoxy as a religion but not let priests and monks rule us and we shouldn't force any Greek to become a religious fanatic.
Christianity is really dumb and it is sad that we Greeks, who used to be great philosophers have to believe in that horsesh..... The Old TEstament contradicts the New Testament, yet it is in the same book called the Bible. The different books written by the apostoles contradict each other. And I still don't understand the meaning of Jesus being sacrificed to save us. Sacrifice to save people or please God is another barbaric concept that we Greeks shouldn't believe in. It is true that Christianity was spread by the Jews and that it was a way for the Romans and other governments to brainwash and control people.
I think it is not a bad idea to go back to our old Gods, we would have a religion that is completely Greek, and we would have a religion that is more reasonable, less barbaric and more beautiful (this reminds me of the beauty of the Temple of Poseidon God of the Sea in Cap Sounion)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]