Re: Greek Muslim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Helen on August 30, 2001 at 10:40:50:

In Reply to: Re: Greek Muslim posted by Vangelis on August 30, 2001 at 10:05:02:

Hello Vangelis,
Well I m sorry you feel that way. Well how would you feel if i said to you I didn't think you where Greek. Well you were born in Sweden after all. Muslims do not have a problem with me and welcome me warmly with open arms. The only problems I have encountered are by some Greeks who think I want to be Turkish, And Some Turkish people who say things like a donkey born in another country is still a donkey, which means they will not accept me because I am still Greek.
Yes, I am Greek and I am not trying to be Turkish.
I am trying to be a Good Muslim person. And it seems to me the only people who have a problem with this are some of the Turks and Greeks who still feel hate towards each other. I am talking about a change of religion I am not talking about race. After all, there are Muslims all over the world and I have many English friends who have converted from Christianity to Islam. They are still English!! They have not changed race in anyway. They are not arab,turkish,indian ect..
And also the Greeks and Turks who usually have this problem don't even know about their religion what the Bible and Quran says. They just don't know. and there are turkish people who hate Islam anyway. The government in turkey have banned anyone wearing a headscarf in their universities and government offices. This is the only place in the world with this law Therefore, you see they don’t want people to practice their religion. Muslims are all over the world not just from one country. Being Muslim means, you are a person practicing Islam Not a person with a set race.
Unfortunately many peoples eyes and ears are closed and blinded by their own hatred.
Helen…

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]